Why You Need Glass Stairs in Your Business
Is a Glass Staircase the Right Choice for Your Company?
Car dealerships. Restaurants. Retail spaces. Hospitality. Whatever your industry, adding glass stairs to your business can offer benefits to your patron experience, your brand impression, and your bottom line.
7 Reasons Businesses Should Invest in Glass Stairs and Glass Treads
For the right business, a glass staircase can be worth the investment many times over. Here are the top reasons they make sense in commercial spaces.
Glass Stairs Look Great
Hands down, one of the biggest advantages of glass stairs for any business or commercial space is the look. They are sleek, modern, and bold, but they’re also timeless, elegant, and upscale.
The interior design of your business matters. It affects not only how your patrons view the establishment as a whole, but it directly impacts the day-to-day experience of those customers while in your business.
A rundown, dated interior is not likely to inspire brand loyalty, repeat customers, or rave reviews. Elements like a glass staircase, however, can give you an updated, stylish interior that encourages those results.
Stand Out from the Competition
Especially if you’re in notoriously competitive industries (think restaurants, bars, or hospitality), stunning interior design can be a big brand differentiator for you.
Architectural glass products make a bold statement. They create a lasting impression for your customers.
If your interior design allows your business to blend in with all your competitors, it will be all the easier for customers to forget you.
Make Any Commercial Space Feel Larger
Because glass allows light through it, glass staircases aren’t as visually obtrusive as other building materials. Keeping the interior feeling open and expansive creates the illusion of more space.
This is particularly helpful for any business with a limited footprint.
Unless you’re trying to create a dark, cozy, intimate feel with your interior design, that openness can be an easy way to make any space feel more grand and inviting.
Make Your Business Brighter and Airier
Natural light is welcoming. Businesses that feel open and airy attract people to them. Then, once inside that space, it creates a favorable experience.
Unless there’s a strategic reason to keep your interior layout and décor dark and small, visually opening up your business can help you feel inviting to patrons.
Glass Treads and Stairs Are Easy to Maintain
If your glass has been manufactured with an anti-scratch treatment, you are dealing with an extremely durable and easy-to-maintain material.
Glass is nonporous, meaning you don’t have to worry about permanent stains from food, drink, dirt, or other grime.
Being easy to maintain means:
- You don’t have to pay cleaners for hours (and hours) of upkeep.
- Your stairs won’t scratch, chip, dent, or look otherwise compromised—even after tons of foot traffic. This helps keep brand reputation high.
- You don’t have to invest in costly or harmful cleaners to keep your stairs looking pristine.
Glass Is a Customizable Material
For businesses, one big draw to glass is how customizable it is. From color to size to shape, you can work with your glass manufacturer to create exactly what you want.
This means your glass staircase can actually work seamlessly into your brand’s identity.
- Complement or match existing brand colors
- Incorporate subtle but effective logos, designs, or branding into the stair treads themselves
- Elevate the brand’s perceived status by using high-end interior design features
Glass Stairs Can Offer an Amazing Return on Your Investment
Are glass staircases the cheapest staircase option on the market? No.
That being said, there are several ways investing in a glass staircase can make sense in the long run:
- Increased building value. Adding a striking, high-quality design feature like a glass stair case can increase the resale or rental value of the commercial property.
- Lifetime value of glass products. Yes, glass architectural products are a significant up-front investment. However, given their durability, ease of maintenance, and lack of necessary repairs or replacement, the lifetime cost of the product eventually starts to even out with other materials.
- Increased sales. According to Daylight and Retail Sales, a technical report by the California Energy Commission, the maximum effect of daylight on a retail store under the most favorable conditions was a “40% increase in sales.” While every business will see varying results, there is a correlation between more natural light and increased sales.
Want to Know More about Glass Stairs in Your Commercial Space?
Have any questions or concerns about architectural glass in general? Want to know about glass stairs specifically?
Give us a shout!
We’re Jockimo, and we’ve been a custom glass manufacturer for decades. We’re always happy to answer your questions, to provide an estimate, or to help in any way we can!